Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Someone was attempting to control my radio

NC7M
NC7M Member
While operating the contest I saw an IP address attempting to take over my radio. The IP address started with 139. Did not catch the rest of the numbers. Is there a log I can search some where to find out who this hacker is. I have changed my password to help prevent in the future. What else were they after. Seems like a breach in Flex security. My password is not common. I have a friend who has also experienced this problem recently.

Comments

• Justin Smith
    Justin Smith Member
    edited March 2020
    “Black hat” hacking used to require sophisticated knowledge of computer operating systems and networking protocols; in contrast, in 2020 an average middle school student can easily download free software that will search the net for vulnerable accounts and then apply various password cracking routines (see reference below). By automating this approach, an average PC coupled with access to the Internet can search tens of thousands of accounts/hour. To avoid detection by law-enforcement, the amateur hacker would use the Tor network to find and download the necessary software, and he or she would then use the Tor network to mount the attack. I do not know whether any software defined transceivers sold by civilian manufacturers run antivirus and anti-malware software but I believe that, as a rule, software defined transceivers rely on the antivirus software residing on the associated PC and on the router provided by an ISP. Hackers look for easy targets to serve as gateways to a network; once inside the network, the hacker can commit fraud, securities theft, blackmail, and identity theft. Software defined transceivers, as a rule, are to be soft targets. The top ten password-cracking techniques used by hackers https://www.itpro.co.uk/security/34616/the-top-ten-password-cracking-techniques-used-by-hackers
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    change your password.  dont share it.  
  • KI4P
    KI4P Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    ive been getting a notification in the last couple weeks that xfinity has blocked access to my flex by a malicious ip number. not sure what they could get or if its a way to hack the router

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.