Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6600 Fan Malfunction on Boot

Options
Allen
Allen Member
edited March 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
A couple of days ago my 6600 at my remote QTH started getting occasional audio drop outs. 

I am using SmartSDR version 3.1.8.  I also use a Maestro. 

Thinking it was a network issue, I rebooted the Routers on both ends of the circuit as well as the Cable Modem at the remote QTH and the DSL Modem at the home QTH.  The speeds of the internet at the remote and home QTH were normal as was the latency.  The problem persisted, so I remotely reset the Flex 6600.

After the remote reset, the rig never came back on line.  I remotely turned off the power to the rig, waited 15 minutes and tried a reboot.  I still did not come up.

I traveled to the remote QTH and found the power light flashing green.  I shut it down using the power button, waited a minute and tried a normal restart. After 5 minutes it still was flashing green.

I then powered down using the power button, waited a minute then unplugged the power from the Power Poles on the back of the rig.  I waited 15 minutes, reconnected power and tried to boot.  I still only flashes green.  

I then shut down the rig, unplugged power, reconnected power and pressed and held the power button until I got a steady white. The power button stays white when released.

After that reset procedure a boot sequence attempt gives a flashing green light for 2 minutes and 30 seconds, then gives a red fault error code.  The code is a single red flash that repeats every 2 to 3 seconds.  The manual indicates this is a Fan Malfunction.

The rig is connected directly to the router.  The router does not see the rig during this issue.  I brought the rig to the home QTH and get the same results.  The home QTH router also does not see the rig. 

Have I missed any means of getting the Flex back online?

Comments

• Mark NS9N
    Mark NS9N Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Have you tied a direct cable between the computer and the radio? If this does not work, then I hate to say it sounds like a service ticket
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I don't think a direct cable to the radio will fix the single red flashes meaning a fan problem. I would not wait,,just start a help ticket, then you get help sooner.
  • Allen
    Allen Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Thanks, Bill. I’ll start the Help Ticket. Now I gotta figure out how to live without the Flex for a little while! Maybe I can remote my old FT101E.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Allen, they will likely contact you by email first, and ask you to try a few things, perhaps look at the fan on startup. They will want to make sure what is going on first before asking for the radio back. They will let you know how they want to handle it, that works best for you and them.

Flex radio withdraw is not funny I know.
  • Allen
    Allen Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Thank you for the info on how Flex handles these issues.  I saw an article by Tim Ellison dated January 20, 2020 that described my problem and thought that the procedure would work a miracle, but no such luck.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.