Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Does SSDR v3.1.8 support operation with Pactor modems?

Mark Davis
Mark Davis Member ✭✭
edited February 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I have been runnng SSDR v2.4.9 with my Flex-6600. I occasionally use a SCS PTC-IIusb PACTOR modem with this radio/software combination. I've been considering upgrading the radio software, and I noticed a warning in the v2.6.1 release notes that this version specifically doesn't support PACTOR modems.

The same warning isn't present in any of the v3.x release notes... Does SSDR v3.1.8 support operation with Pactor modems?

Answers

• Mark Davis
    Mark Davis Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Never mind... I found this in the v3.1.8 release notes: (#6938) Operation with Pactor modems will not work properly in v3.1.8. Pactor operation is functional in v2.4.9.

What is preventing PACTOR operation in SSDR versions after v2.4.9???

Mark - AD7EF
  • Gary Wells
    Gary Wells Member
    edited February 2020
    I am using a 7400 Dragon and it has been working fine on v3. 1.8. No other operator is connected remotely to my 6700 at the time though so I don't know how that would impact the functionality but I have been successful on ham and SHARES frequencies. Good luck! 73 Gary WB9AYD
  • K6OZY
    K6OZY Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I haven’t been able to get my 7800 Dragon to connect with WinLink since v3. The timing is ever so slightly off and it doesn’t connect. If I revert back to v2, it immediately works fine.
  • Gary Wells
    Gary Wells Member
    edited February 2020
    My TX delay in Winlink is 10 ms and I have the longpath box checked.
  • K6OZY
    K6OZY Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I've tried every tweak, nothing works.  The fact that a simple swap from v2 to v3 and then back to v2 fixes it means its not a WinLink issue.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.