Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6500 question ANT1 and RX A

W7NIK
W7NIK Member ✭✭
edited February 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I have the 6500 , how do I  work on ANT1  and monitor RXA  with a long wire receive antenna.
I click on RX select  RXA  everything switchs to RXA,
I know am doing something wrong  . Basically i want work 40m meters and monitor 160M , and 80 m from the Receive antenna  .

Thanks . 

Best Answer

Answers

• W7NIK
    W7NIK Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Interesting, why have. 4 slices ? What is RXa port use for ? Why have rx loop options . So basically. One tx/rx transmitter and two receiver inputs for the same antenna? I really appreciate the help .
  • Dwayne_AB6A
    Dwayne_AB6A Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Two vfo’s/slices are common across all radios... Flex has four. I will run 2-3 across CW, FLdigi, and WSJTX with the single antenna.
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    You can have a dipole on ANT1, another on ANT2 and a Magnetic loop on RXA (in). I use this configuration in my shack. Or use loop mode to have receive path go from ANT1 or 2 to RXA out to PREAMP then back in on RXA in. So you can TX on ANT1 or ANT2 and RX on ANT1, ANT2, ANT1 with PREAMP loop, ANT2 with PREAMP loop or RXA (in). You can receive up to 14MHz at a time (WIDE) so your 4 slices can be anywhere in that 14MHz. Note the band pass filters are eliminated when any two slices are in different bands or outside a band.   
  • Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    On the 6300, 6400 & 6500, all of which have single SCUs, think of it as having a single receiver that can switch between multiple antenna ports. The value of multiple slices is that you can monitor multiple frequencies from one antenna at a time. Tri-band beams and other multi-frequency antennas are useful this way.

On the 6600 & 6700, both of which have dual SCUs, you have 2 independent receivers that can use 2 different antennas simultaneously (along with multiple slices). 

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2020
    In this explanation, the "receiver" is actually the SCU which is the wideband RF digitized and only one RX antenna at a time can be connected to a digitizer.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.