Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

periodic slowing of macros in n1mm+ in cqwpxrrty contest

N3RC
N3RC Member ✭✭
edited February 2020 in Contesting
On half a dozen or so times during the recent rtty contest, the N1MM+ macros slowed to   the point
that I rebooted Win10, SDR 3.1.8 and N1MM+ which solved the problem for 1-4 hours.I tried various combinations 
of reboots to no avail. Did not reboot 6600.

I am running v3.1.8 latest N1MM+, 6600, superfast W10 64 computer, usb wireless keyboard.

At first    I thought it was a wireless usb keyboard issue but the keyboard worked fine when I used other
apps concurrently with N1MM+.

Ran W1n10 resource monitors could not see anything out of place.

Many things could have caused this. My guesses in order of prbable guilt are:

Win10
N1MM+
SDR v3.1.8

Wonder if anyone else has run across similar issues?

Roger N3RC

Comments

• w5ap
    w5ap Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Yes.  Only occured to me once and had to reboot the computer and 6600M and re-do N1MM.
    I let the computer and radio on all night - not a good idea as I had to reset everything in the morning
    Not a good contest weekend as I spent considerable time fixing things. I've ordered a K4 and will do a comparison. However when every thing is working, SO2R on the 6600M is terrific
  • Andy - KU7T
    Andy - KU7T Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Did you really have to reboot the computer? That would be surprising to me. Did restarting N1MM+ not fix the issue? Or restarting DAX? 

Andy
    KU7T
  • K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    If I overload my computer I see this during RTTY contests. I always keep a  Task Manager in the tool tray so I can watch the CPU usage.  The computer I use for contesting is pretty beefy but RTTY Skimmer Server running on three bands at once together with somewhere between 2 and 6 RTTY decoders and N1MM+ can really bring it to its knees.  Graphics intensive applications like SSDR add to the problem.  

I've taken to running RTTY Skimmer Server on a separate computer.  I also keep the panadapters that it is using very small with low FPS (10) and Rate (50).  I tend to do the same with the panadapter I'm using for tuning.  

I played a bit with limiting RTTY Skimmer Server to 4 CPU cores and to run at a low priority.  That helped a lot but mostly just confirmed the problem.

--Don

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.