Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How much tx delay should I use for my flex 6700. I have it hooked up to my old ten tec titan 425. Th

Larry KD2HZI
Larry KD2HZI Member ✭✭

Answers

• Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I used a Ten Ten Titan 425 goldline for many years with the Flex.  I believe I had the delay set at 25ms.
  • Larry KD2HZI
    Larry KD2HZI Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Burch, Thanks for the info. I will try the 25ms. Larry Kd2hzi 
  • Stan VA7NF
    Stan VA7NF Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I have used a QRO amp on my 6700.  Activate the 2nd rx, on the dummy load and tune just off the CW signal, set the delay to 35ms and send a series of dots.  Reduce the delay until key clicks appear, then increase until they stop.  That is your optimum delay.
    The QRO is a vacuum relay device. YMMV
  • Larry KD2HZI
    Larry KD2HZI Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Stan, you and Burch give me a good place to start. Thanks, for your response. Larry
  • N1DZ
    N1DZ Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    50ms with Ten Tec Centurion
  • Larry KD2HZI
    Larry KD2HZI Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Do you run a arb-704 between them?
  • Doug
    Doug Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Is this TX delay only needed for CW ? I have ran both a Ten Tec Centurion and AL80B for 2 years on SSB and never used any delay and it seems to work fb. I also have asked many in my Flex group who do run CW and they also report no delay ?

• Larry KD2HZI
    Larry KD2HZI Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    No Cw, Just for ssb. I was worried about hot switching. So far I have not experienced any problems with no delay. But had read somewhere that you should and in some delay. Just don’t want to hurt anything in the titan 425, as parts are hard to find.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.