Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How to have one radio track another?

K1ESE
K1ESE Member ✭✭✭
edited April 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I have a remote 6300 that is accessed over SmartLink.  I have a 6500 at home.  They are 25 miles apart.  The home 6500 can hear the remote 6300.

I want to be able to monitor the remote radio with the radio at home.  It would really help if I could get the radio at home to track the frequency of the remote radio.

SmartSDR CAT won't let me read frequency from the remote radio and send it to the home radio.  Is there some way to do this?  MultiFLEX won't do it?

K1ESE

Answers

• Ha Gei
    Ha Gei Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    dxlabs commander does such..also omnirig does it. I use dxlab´s commander  to sync :
    a FTDX101D at home, the Flex6400 at the clubstation and an sdrplay connected to the FTDX
    All are in sync beautifully.

• Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Start SSDR twice on your PC and each can control a Flex
  • K1ESE
    K1ESE Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    How do you do this with the Flex?  I use DXLab Commander.  I have SmartSDR Cat running on the home computer linked to the remote 6300.  Commander sees the frequency of the 6300.  How does that get sent to the 6500 at home?
  • K1ESE
    K1ESE Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Not my question.  I am using SmartSDR on the Computer for the home radio and my Maestro is running the remote 6300.  I can run both.  My Question - How do I get the home radio to follow the frequency of the remote radio and keep them in SYNC?
  • Ha Gei
    Ha Gei Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    As Chris wites, you need 2 instances of SSDR and attach the 6500 to radio 1 and the 6300 to radio 2 , then set radio 2  to follow and control radio 1 
    ( by the way..  Chris..  Hallo Nachbar...  )
  • K1ESE
    K1ESE Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Please be specific.  How do you set radio 2 to follow and control radio 1?  Are you running two instances of SmartSDR CAT? Do you set Commander's secondary serial port to CAT?
  • Steve Bunting
    Steve Bunting Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Sorry to hijack the question - but how do you run two instances of SSDR on a single PC? I cant get it to install twice as you can't choose the destination directory. What have I missed?
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2020
    @Steve Bunting - you can do it if you have two different FLEX-6000s.  Each instance needs to connect to a separate radio.
  • Steve Bunting
    Steve Bunting Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    @tim-w4tme Yes I have two radios. Are there some instructions on how to do it, or is this for V3 only (I am still on V2). This may be *the* reason to upgrade! 
    73 M0BPQ
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited February 2020
    This feature is known as multiFlex and yes, it is a feature exclusive to SmartSDR v3 and above.
  • K1ESE
    K1ESE Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Tim -

Can you respond to my original question about syncing frequency on 2 flex radios?

• Tim - W4TME
    edited February 2020
    Sure.  There isn't a way to do that with SmartSDR.  There may be some third-party apps that use the SmartSDR API to monitor frequency changes on a "parent" radio and make the same frequency change on a "****" radio, but I have not used anything like that before.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.