Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Multiflex and SmartSDR for iOs

Santiago Mejia HI8O
Santiago Mejia HI8O Member ✭✭
edited March 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Today I tried to use the Multiflex feature with the Flex 6300 connected at the shack computer and using SmartSDR for iOs on my Ipad from work, but the client seemed connected but no panadapter is showing on the ipad and the PTT appeared as pressed (with RF Output). Multiflex on the PC showed both clients connected and the Ipad as transmitting.

What could be causing the ptt to activate and why is no panadapter on the ipad?

I have a Flex 6300, SmartSDR for Windows 3.1.8, latest SmartSDR of iOs. 

73, Santiago 

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2020
    If the radio is out of resources (panadapters and slices) because another client has consumed all the available resources, when you connect with a multiFlex client, the radio has no panadapters or slices to provide to the other client. 
  • K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    hi tim

That being the case,
    my inquiring mind begins to ponder

Why didnt iosssdr request that disconnect be made to release a resource
    or
    not even make a connection with an indication resources not available.

Doesnt seem to make sense to me at the moment that it would even connect with no resources to use.

i have to admit i have not seen that use case happen here with my 6600m.

The only thing i could think is the pad connected as a "remote" control surface only.
    this will show tune wheel and ptt...

i have done that often enough....even with ssdr v 2.4.9 running on the 6600m

Paul K3SF

• Santiago Mejia HI8O
    Santiago Mejia HI8O Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Thanks Tim. That must be the case as, when I tried I already had the 2 slices opened on the computer. My bad. 

On the other hand, as Paul says, it should then ask whether to disconnect current client (which it does) or cancel the connect (which it doesn't) instead of allowing me to connect to a blank client.

Nonetheless, I will make sure to have available slices when trying multiflex.

73, Santiago
  • K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Hi Santiago

you may notice that ios ssdr will allow for "remote control" connection which does connect to the radio on the two slice you have open on the pc...

a remote control connection interface with the two slices on the PC
    you should see the
    ptt and the tune wheel fro frequency control.
    BUT NO panafall is shown on the ios device ( ipad or iphone)

i think you have to do a disconnect to get a panafall resource from the radio

that has been my experience with both v2 and v3 of ssdr on the radio

Paul K3SF

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2020
    There is an option to disconnect the other connected station.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.