Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Odd Problem with CW Skimmer and 6400

Options
George Brown
George Brown Member ✭✭
edited February 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I have checked many other posts and have not found issues similar to mine.

I am running a 6400 with CW Skimmer integrated with Slice Master and I am having a very odd problem.  I can see the signals on the CW Skimmer display (with heavy green background that I am guessing is noise) if and only if the CW signals are above 3.450 or 7.045.  If the signals are below that (lets say 7.030) then the CW Skimmer display is solid black with no signals showing.

Has anyone else seen this issue?  Any suggestions?

Answers

• AH0U
    AH0U Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Options
    You are outside the bandwith... move the green cursor up or down to see another set
  • George Brown
    George Brown Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Options
    OK...I will give that a try and get back with you.  Thanks so much for the help.  73.
  • George Brown
    George Brown Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Options
    I don't see a green cursor...attached is a screen shot.  Thanks, again.
  • George Brown
    George Brown Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Not sure I did the comment correctly but I did post a screen shot.
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Options
    George, are you using a tool like SliceMaster or SDR Bridge to interface your 6000 series to CWSkimmer?

It look as if the answer is no and the first response is right.  You are feeding CWSkimmer a limited portion of data and you have moved out of the bandwidth of that data.

If you are using SliceMaster or SDRBridge then something clearly is not setup right.  With either of those tools working correctly you really don't have to mess with CWSkimmer much as it follows the frequency of your slice.
  • George Brown
    George Brown Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Yes, this runs through SliceMaster.  At first, all was well.  Then this began happening.  I re-looked at all of the instructions for SliceMaster and it appears to me that I have it configured correctly.  I have not yet looked at SDR Bridge so that might be my best option to try now.  Thanks for the reply.

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Ok have you looked at your DAX control panel?  Are the IQ streams set to 96000?  It acts like they are not.

Also try changing DAX IQ from say 1 to 3 or 4 and see if the problem remains. 

For me DAX channel 1 is always flakey and DAX needs to get restarted a lot.
  • George Brown
    George Brown Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Hi Mark,

Looks like SDRBridge did the trick.  I had not heard of this app before.  Amazing, there was absolutely no setup that I had to do...the software did it all.  Thanks so much for the tip.  73

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.