Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro Wake on Lan or other relay boot?

Jonathan-KE0YBL
Jonathan-KE0YBL Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in Maestro
Is there a way to turn the Maestro (B version) on via Ethernet WOL or other relay capable boot? (I realize this has been discussed ad nausea on the SDR side, but haven't seen details on the Maestro side). Or if not WOL, any other method of automating its boot (and shutdown?). I've also considered a BT LE mechanical button pusher, but that's probably prone to error.

Everything else in my shack is automated via REST calls, and booting up as I enter. The slowest thing about me getting on the air is holding that flakey little tablet button (in just the right spot :). Would be nice to automate it with everything else. 

Thanks!

Answers

• Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    You want switch remote ON a remote console Maestro? Please tell me why. Maybe this is a new mode - i cant see a sense , Sorry!
    If you not in shack why you need the Maestro switched ON?

Chris
  • Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Unsure about how a Maestro B reacts, but my Maestro A will boot when 12vdc to the jack is first applied or interrupted then re-established.
  • Jonathan-KE0YBL
    edited February 2020
    That was my hope, but pulling power, waiting, re-connecting didn't seem to do the trick for me. Perhaps my testing methodology was flawed, though I know the A and B are fairly different under the covers.
  • Jonathan-KE0YBL
    edited February 2020
    Everything else in the shack powers up automatically. The little silver Maestro button  (perhaps mine is defective) is a bit flakey, but 5+ seconds of holding, only to realize I wasn't pushing at the top of the button, so 5-10s more ..  waiting for the screen to light up. Would be nice if it just came up with everything else, and ideally shut down when I auto shutdown the rest of my gear.

This isn't so much for remote, just convenience/workflow.
  • Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I should also add that there is no known way to shut a Maestro A down remotely other than removing power and letting the internal battery expire which is very much NOT recommended!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.