Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Radio not available

Options
Brent N9BC
Brent N9BC Member ✭✭
 I have a strange problem that just happened today. I just started working the MN QSO party today and noticed after about 2-3 contacts they was a delay in switching from TX to RX 2sec or so. I did shutdown of my 6500 and turned it back on. I go to connect via SmartSDR and no radio to be found. So I did a cold reboot and factory reset. When I tried again. I showed my flex was available. When I tried to connect I was unable to connect. I thought that was odd maybe my switch was acting up. So I swapped out my switch and tried using my Maestro. Same thing it would should up but would fail but on the Maestro it loaded partly the it would connect then disconnect after about a 1 sec. I left it unplugged for a bit and did a few more reboots cold boots and factory resets. Any ideas what is going on? Or any ideas what I should try?  Thanks - N9BC

Answers

• Brent N9BC
    Brent N9BC Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Router and all switches have been rebooted.
  • AH0U
    AH0U Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Did you disconnect the power ... not just turn the rig off but disconnect it totalky
  • Brent N9BC
    Brent N9BC Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Yes disconnected the power and let it sit for a few minutes.
  • FISHULA X
    FISHULA X Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
     I would try signing in again. When I remote my station, I get the same **** sometimes.
     I just sign in and all is good then. This is just a suggestion. It can'r hurt. Works for me,
                                           Good luck.  please post your findings.
  • Brent N9BC
    Brent N9BC Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Same result. It’s like the server is crashing on the 6500. I’m able to ping the 6500 just not able to connect to it. 
  • FISHULA X
    FISHULA X Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
     I remember I had to go through a key up , It asked me to key the radio within a certain amount of time, I herd a ding and then all was good? did you ever have to do that at any point?  I don't own a 6500, mine is a 6300.. But did you ever have a pop up that had a timer counting down asking you to key your radio from the station itself?? Just trial and err here.
                            Good luck, let us know.
  • Brent N9BC
    Brent N9BC Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Unfortunately no count down timer. I'm going to do a PCAP tonight when I get home from work. And see if the 6500 is replying to the packets maybe that will show me something. But I do think its time to engage flex support. Thanks for trying .

Brent
  • Brent N9BC
    Brent N9BC Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Quick update. I did a wireshark packet capture and was able to determine that my PC was in fact talking to the 6500 at some level. During the connection setup the 6500 would stop communicating to SmartSDR. Working with Dan in support he suggested we downgrade to 2.6.1 so we downgraded. Rebooted the 6500 and sure enough SmartSDR was able to connect back up. When proceeded to upgrade back to 3.1.8. After the upgrade was complete we tried to connect back up and wha la We are back in business. I can't say enough good things about the support. Thanks again Dan N7HQ!

Brent N9BC

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.