Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

n1mm setup with Ver 2.3.9?

Options
Dave KD5FX
Dave KD5FX Member ✭✭
edited January 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I saw a link on here somewhere with details on how to setup for N1MM+ and the new Ver 2.3.9 software but I can't find the link now that I've updated! Would someone help me with that link?
73, Dave KD5FX

Answers

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I think the one you are looking for is here: http://www.flexradio.com/downloads/using_n1mm_logger_with_smartsdr-pdf/.
  • Dave KD5FX
    Dave KD5FX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Sorry, that's not the one I've seen before, that one is for a very old version of SSDR. It doesn't show any of the settings used in Ver 2...
  • VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
    OK, it's not a link, but maybe this will help?
    Do you have SmartSDR CAT running?  Do you have the COM port set consistently between CAT and N1MM+? (Mine is COM4) On N1MM+'s Broadcast Data screen, I have Spots clicked on, then 127.0.0.1:12061 which I believe is the correct port number.  Then in CAT, you also need to define a UDP port of 12061 (add port function).

This is just for the Spots function, but it is working with my v2. 

• Dave KD5FX
    Dave KD5FX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Ah ha! That got it! The missing link was the UDP port in CAT. Didn't know about that! 
    Thanks & 73!
    Dave
  • Dave KD5FX
    Dave KD5FX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Options
    So now more Qs,  what does the 'levels' control do in spot settings? And why are some spots blue and some spots are red?
  • EduardoCarvalho
    EduardoCarvalho Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Dave,

The levels control the number of spots that you want shown stacked up in the panadapter. For example, if there are stations close together their callsigns would overlap, so the levels allows them to be stacked up. Once the level is set if there are more stations around it will them put the in a list with the "+3", for example, to show that there are 3 additional calls and you can click on that to see them.

The color of the spots follows the color coding of the program, N1MM in your case. In N1MM the colors indicate multipliers (red), double mults (green), stations not worked but not multiplier (blue) and stations worked (grey). Remember that the rules for mults and worked vary based on the contest. Those rules are in the N1MM contest configuration. 

Eduardo, KC8R
  • Dave KD5FX
    Dave KD5FX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Thanks! & 73... KD5FX
  • K2KXK
    K2KXK Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Hi All,

Have been using the spots display since it came out with both Slicemaster and N1MM+.  Can't get the colors to change from N1MM.  Get Red, Gray and Blue.  The blue is almost eligible against the panadapter but it doesn't change when I change it in N1MM.  Any ideas?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.