Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Do panadaptor spots work with N1MM and SSDR 3.1.8?

Options
John Langdon
John Langdon Member ✭✭
edited January 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Can't get spots to display using N1MM+ and SSDR 3.1.8. Does anyone else have this working?  Any tips?  73 John N5cq

Answers

• N2TU
    N2TU Company Adviser ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
  • John Langdon
    John Langdon Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I have previously read that link, and am setup as it describes, but cannot see spots. I have two specific questions:

(1) That document refers to SSDR 2.x. Is there is any difference with 3.x ?
    (2)  Will the spots work remote?

73 John N5CQ

• Lasse Moell
    Lasse Moell Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
    John,
    If you have the UDP port enabled in SDRCat and have the settings in N1MM as described in the pdf it should work. I just tried on my Maestro running SSDR  2.60. Once I had N1MM set properly I had to restart N1MM for the spots to show up!
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I think possibly, you meant to state, If you have the TCP port enabled in SDRCat.
    Which seems, to work for me.

Jay - NO5J
  • K5ROX
    K5ROX Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I too have 3.18 and N1mm configured as per the instruction and no spots.....with an earlier version of SDR spots worked easily.

Is 3.18 compatible with N1MM ????
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
    It works for me. Am away from the shack at the moment, so can’t give you too many details. But, it definitely works.
  • K5ROX
    K5ROX Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I cant get cat port to say "Process: n1mm"  says none.
    tried many combinations.   I have n1mmspot as a process when click on protocol but cant get it as process on cat port    flex 3.1.8 latest n1mm   just wanting spots, worked fine on earlier version of sdr.

• Ed / W4POT
    Ed / W4POT Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I used the PDF mentioned and have spots from N1MM+ showing up in SSDR v3.1.8

While this is working I don't see a "Process:" status next to the N Port for UDP 12061 that I created in SSDR CAT
  • K5ROX
    K5ROX Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Thanks.... the examples show n1mm as a process on the cat port... I been chasing something that's apparently not required.   
  • K5ROX
    K5ROX Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
    oh a question... on the cat port theres a box with a c,o,w or other big letter in it, what letter does your working port show?
  • K5ROX
    K5ROX Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
    sorry overlooked the N port.   u using the 127.0.0.1 address on spots? ive tried other including Ip of computer with no luck.
  • John Langdon
    John Langdon Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I think we have established it will work with 3.1.8 on a local LAN connection. Is anyone successfully seeing spots operating remote via SmartLink? Did you have to port forward from the 'transmitter site" instead of using the "local" address of 127.0.0.1:12061 ? If so, how is it set up?
  • dave
    dave Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Finally got spots and N1mm to work.... I had to go to window and telnet and try to connect to a cluster, many failed but finally one worked and I have spots.

I wonder why none else had to do this, all documents show a simple 2-3 step process, none worked for me without using telnet cluster connect.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.