Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Start up 6600M

Tom W3FRG
Tom W3FRG Member ✭✭
I have seen this fault occur a few times on start up and thought I'd ask if anyone else has experienced it before I report it as a fault.
When starting up the 6600M Transceiver the screen is void of the Frequency display and both the Waterfall and Spectrum screens are blank.
I have to reboot for it to start and display correctly.

Tom W3FRG

Answers

• Gary NC3Z
    Gary NC3Z Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I get the same issue occasionally. Seems to be related to a cold boot vs warm boot, also have other wacky start up issues. I put a HD ticket in but really got no where.
  • Tom W3FRG
    Tom W3FRG Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Tnx Gary, thought there must be more than just me having this anomaly occur.
    Cannot truly determine if its a cold or hot boot occurrence, occurs randomly.

Tom W3FRG
  • Gary NC3Z
    Gary NC3Z Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    It's just  one of the many quirks I have learned to live with. All these quirks are why my 6600M is no longer my primary radio.
  • Tom W3FRG
    Tom W3FRG Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Yes, agree there are a few quirks that also bug me.
    In addition to the Start-Up, the TX Band Settings and Tx Profiles are the major ones that bug me.
    FLEX needs to get a handle around these SW bugs and straighten them out.

Tom W3FRG
  • Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Tom, is this AFTER you shut down your Power Supply, or does the radio have DC power on it all the time?
  • Tom W3FRG
    Tom W3FRG Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    The 13.8 VDC Supply is removed after the radio shuts down.

I use the "Remote On" RCA Jack to turn it On and Off.

This anomaly occurs randomly on start up.
    DC Power supply is turned on via PC relay Pgm, then the radio is selected remotely to turn On.

Tom W3FRG
  • Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I had similar issues so I built a small 500 ma float charge so when I shut down my Astron Power Supply, the Flex continues to get keep alive DC power, solved all my boot up issues.. 
    Robert
  • Tom W3FRG
    Tom W3FRG Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I don't know if you have the GPS installed, but when you leave it on there is a small voltage to keep it on and the GPSDO stable. Not sure if that would be the equivalent or not.
    I have an external GPSDO installed but do not leave the 6600M on 24/7, only the OSC.

Tom W3FRG

• jay con
    jay con Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    all the time with power supply left on....

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.