Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Why can I not create a CAT port when I see that port in Device Manager wity Flex 6700 program create

Options
Tom Hammack
Tom Hammack Member
Why can I not create a CAT port when I see that port in Device Manager. I see that Flex 6700 program creates many ports that I am not using ... or so I think. When I try to use one of them in CAT they do not show up in the drop down box.

Comments

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    are you looking for it when your in CAT under "Existing" 
    Bret

• Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Smart CAT cannot create a port that already exists. It must be a free com port. You have complete control of the ports that SmartSDR creates through the Smart CAT application. Have you read the Smart CAT manual, available at: http://tinyurl.com/tgaxyn7 ?
    I highly recommend that you download and study it to understand how COM ports work in the Flex universe.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.