Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PSDR V2.8.0134 and Windows 10 with FLEX 1500 with always short dropouts

Options
Flex 1500 with dropouts at RX and TX.
PSDR V 2.8 and Windows 10

During operation I have short interruptions at RX and TX. During operation, practically one syllable is "swallowed". The duration of the dropouts is different and varies from about 50 ms to 250 ms. The repetition time is also different and lies between 4 - 15 seconds. I extended the RAM memory from 4 to 8 GB but without success. I am grateful for any hint.

The following is in use here:
DELL Latitude E6400, with INTEL Core 2 Duo CPU P8700 2,5 Ghz, 8 GB RAM

Windows 10 Pro, 64 BIT Version 1903
Power SDR V2.8.0.134 (by KE9NS)
CPU load 30-40%

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Answers

• DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Running Windows dropouts point to a DPC latency problem.  

1. Run process hacker 2 to look at all the programs and services eating CPU 
         https://processhacker.sourceforge.io/downloads.php
    2. Run a latency checker https://www.thesycon.de/eng/latency_check.shtml
    3. Terminate/**** all processes you don't need 
    4. Look at you USB connection. Too many USB devices can also cause dropouts.
    5. Look at your virtual audio cables. Are they set to 48000 Hz?

As audio and video processing are prone to dropouts caused by DPC latency, it is
    always a good idea to look at pages like this one: 
    https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/articles/209071469-Optimizing-Windows-for-Audio

I still use a Flex 3000 for fieldday and EMCOMM and a Flex 1500 to try new ideas.
    The notebook I use is a Toughbook CF52 running Windows 7. I got DPC latency down
    to almost none. Now I'm trying to switch to Windows 10. Wish me luck :-)

73, Alex - DH2ID

• Anton Bonnert
    Anton Bonnert Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Danke Alex,
    das sind sehr interessante Infos. Werde Deine Hinweise Schritt für Schritt durcharbeiten. Wird zwar eine Weile dauern, aber ich melde mich um das Ergebnis mitzuteilen. Bin zuversichtlich, dass das alles klappt.
    Hoffe, dass bei Dir und der Umstellung auf Windows 10 alles rund läuft.

nochmals vielen Dank und vy73, Tony  DJ8RQ
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Hallo Anton, Du kannst Dich auch jederzeit per email an mich wenden.
    Die Adresse steht in QRZ.com. Mir gefällt Deine Drake-Line!
    Vy 73, Alex - DH2ID

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.