Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PTT (MOX) Release when PA temp. reaches 44-47 DegressC

Jens SM6AFV
Jens SM6AFV Member ✭✭
edited November 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Operating my Flex-6600 on 80 m SSB (90W)  the PA temperature start to increase and when reaching 44-47 degress C the PTT(MOX) releases. After approx. 15-30 s I can activate PTT again. Using SSDR 2.5.1. The same issue with SSDR 2.6.1. The large fan does not increase
the speed when the PTT releases. 

Comments

• Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I took some temperature readings during the WAE RTTY contest.  I was calling CQ every 5 seconds at 100 watts.  I measured air temps of 57C coming out of the back panel right under the power connector with no operational issues.  I did not note the PA temps but I would think they were pretty high.  The cooling fan was running at full speed !  I am using Flex 6600M with SSDR 2.5.1 

I suspect your fan controller is not ramping up the fan speed when the PA gets warm ?  Please open a ticket with Flex support.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.