Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FRStack3 Questions: UDP and Command Line Inputs

Alan
Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2019 in Third-Party Software

I am using FRStack with my new to me Palstar HF-Auto and W1TR’s HF-Auto Application.

First I set up TX PTT inhibit in FRStack3 to inhibit the TX PTT when the Flex is in tune.  This is for the Palstar Amp PTT input to give the Tuner time to work.

Second, I set up the FRStack UDP to broadcast frequency data to W1TR’s HF-Auto.

I am using Flex SDR version 3.1.8.

All went well with only one client contacted to the Flex Server.  When I connected the second client, I wanted the UDP broadcasts from FRStack to be aligned with the second client, slice #1.  I thought by selecting the second client in the FRStack3 client selector pulldown, this would have shifted the source of the UDP broadcasts to that client.  It does not apparently work that way?

Question - In FRStack3, how do I align the UDP broadcast option to the client/slice I desire?

Unrelated question - In FRStack3 help file, there are options discussed that say to use the “command line” to set up.  How do I acmes the command line to use these options?

Alan

WA9WUD 

Answers

• Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
     Today the UDP broadcast feature should send all slice information from all clients.So client 1 slice A is probably slice 0, client 2 slice B is probably slice 1
    So in HF-auto software make sure you are following the 2nd slice.
    If client 1 started with two slices A(0) & B(1) then client 2 slice A would be 2 or the 3rd slice. The slice indexes are assigned out in a first come first serve basis.
    See if you can get it to work with this info.
    I am open to other ways to align UDP broadcasts to radios.
  • Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Thanks, Mark.

Yes, I did figure out that the UDP broadcasts consistently originated from the first on client. 

I use a desktop PC with Smart SDR for satellite work.  I use a Maestro as a second client for HF work......where I want to align the Palstar amp and Tuner along with FRStack.

If I start the Maestro first, all is good with the UDP broadcast alignment.

I can live with that....but, I sometimes would simplify if I could select the client/UDP alignment from within FRStack.  I see you have four selections for IP/port combinations.  Perhaps each could be aligned to a unique client/slice.   Understand, another version 3 complication for now.

Again, thanks for your great application and quick response to questions.

Alan
    WA9WUD
  • Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Update:

With Mark's help, we found a solution for aligning each Flex Slice to HD-Auto using UDP broadcasts from FRStack3.

There are buttons on the HD-Auto interface labeled M1MM 1 through 4.  Selecting each of these buttons corresponds to an equivalent Flex Slice.

Thanks, Mark!

Alan

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.