Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Reversible Beverage / BOG low noise receiving antenna system

Geoff_W8GNM
Geoff_W8GNM Member ✭✭
edited November 2019 in New Ideas
The BevFlex-4X system can be configured as an above ground Beverage, a Beverage-On-Ground, and EWE, FLAG, or VE3DO reversible, low noise, receiving antenna.
It is made entirely out of inexpensive RG-6 CATV coaxial cable and can be conveniently fed anywhere along the length of the antenna.
I have a 375' E/W above ground reversible Beverage antenna and a 40' N/S EWE antenna (space limitation for N/S direction).
I feed them through an antenna switch to the RX-A input of my Flex 6600M.   I have found these two antennas to be indispensable for working low band DX from 160m through 30m.
Details are at:  https://www.unifiedmicro.com/bevflex4x.html

Comments

• Kevin N9JKP
    Kevin N9JKP Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I hope to get a pair of these running this fall.  Unfortunately the weather turned bad before my coax cable arrived and there is no way that I will be able to trench in the feedlines to the two beverages this year.
    Also I had to take my brush cutter off and replace it with a snow plow.  That means I will still have thick brush to get through to get the beverages strung between the trees in my woods.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.