Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Remote Audio Monitoring in v3 updated feature

Gary W9GD
Gary W9GD Member ✭✭
edited February 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
There are 3 of us in the local area that own 6400m's and another 300
miles away. Since the new release we are trying to hear the
long-distance operator when he uses one of our radios. We must be doing something wrong as when  we hit the moni button we still  cant hear the long distance operator. Any suggestions ?  We all upgraded to the latest release. I tried searching here for a few hours to see if anyone is using this feature.

Answers

• Jeff Schwartz
    Jeff Schwartz Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I also have the same issue with both my 6400m and 6600M. According to Flex the issue was supposed to be resolved with the last V 3 update. It didn’t fix the issue for me. Let me know if you guys figure it out or hear any need on the issue. Thanks. Jeff/KI0KB
  • Gary W9GD
    Gary W9GD Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019

Jeff, I was hoping someone else was having the same issue.  Will see what other responses we get. I am sure someone from Flex will chime in . I love this radio and it has become a learning tool for me as I am a relatively new ham.

73 Gary / new call just received yesterday W9GD  Need to update that here.
  • Jeff Schwartz
    Jeff Schwartz Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Gary, Congrats on your new call. I initially put in a work ticket for the issue and Flex got back to me and while on the phone with them they set up a similar operating remote situation and documented the problem. It was reportedly to be fixed in the last V 3 update but it didn’t work for me. I had a lot going on at the time and never informed them that I still had the same issue. I hadn’t seen anyone out there complaining of the same issue so I’ve always wondered if I and my QSO partner were doing something wrong although there’s not much to it. Anyway I’ll be tracking this in case something shows up. If not I should probably contact Flex again. Maybe there’s someone out there that doesn’t have this issue that could chime in. Great radio otherwise. Jeff / KI0KB
  • Jeff Schwartz
    Jeff Schwartz Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I talked with Flex in Orlando and have been in communication with them since then about this monitor issue. As of today there is now a work ticket in for this monitor issue to their software team.
  • Gary W9GD
    Gary W9GD Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Jeff,

Thanks for the update! Locally we have 6 users of the 6400m and we try every once in a while and  test  amongst our selves to get this working with no results. We are all running the latest software version.  They will solve this I am sure .
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Jeff, It was mentioned soon after the feature was released, the monitor function did not make in the feature release. I would imagine that the multiflex feature will have several more additions to it in the future, things like radio security log in. On and on.
  • Jeff Schwartz
    Jeff Schwartz Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Right-O Dave. That’s the best part of owning a Flex radio, as it gets older it just gets better.
  • Jeff Schwartz
    Jeff Schwartz Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Gary et al,

Today I had a QSO with my friend in Florida using his Maestro and my 6600M but I was using SDR on my PC and not the front panel of the rig. In other words, we both signed into my rig. Under that situation the monitor function works fine. The only issue is that you will need to set up a mic to plug into your PC since the mic in the 6600M will not work under that situation. You will either have to mouse click MOX on the PC for transmit or use VOX. For me it will work as a standby until they get the M version monitor issue resolved.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.