Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

dax error

James Del Principe
James Del Principe Member ✭✭
After correcting CAT issue, now I have the dreaded "Dax" Error.  I found several threads on this and tried some of the solutions including using Windows Explorer and running uninstall/install as 'administrator' several times and Tim's very long procedure in CMD. Lots of typing for sure. I rebooted the PC each time but still have this upon boot up. Now it won't even communicate with FLDIGI so I seem to have made it worse.
This is the procedure I tried in Windows which was successful for some:
Go into programs files / FlexRadio systems / smartsdr v2.5.1 / 64bit divers, then in each folder starting with TX Audio, right mouse key on smartsdr_tx_dax run as administrator on the uninstall.bat after the CMD black screen do the same on the install.bat, remember to run as administrator on each file in the other 3 folders, RX Audio, Mic Audio, IQ Dax... Reboot PC and things should work well.
My question to the group is: "Shall I try the SW upgrade to V 1.12.x from current 1.11.12 or open a ticket. I don't want to brick the entire radio.   Many Thanks es 73, Jim   KD1I

Answers

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    The primary reason for the 1.12.1 S/W upgrade for version 1 users was to fix DAX issues.. I can not say if it will fix your issues but it  is unlikely to make them worse.  
    AL, K0VM
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Try this it may or may not work for you,
    Go into the uninstall procedure and Uninstall JUST DAX IQ (be sure to run the uninstaller as administrator) and be sure to delete the Hidden devices
    Then reboot.
    When you bring up SmartDAX it will throw a error but should work for FLDIGI or any other program that does not need DAXIQ.

This may not work for you but may not help and is a work around I had to do to even get my computer's to boot with out Blue screening, (both Intel NUC's) . 
    I am running V3.1.8 but I think the DAX drivers are the same with V2.5.1 
    May or may not help.

Flex is working on this issue I think/Hope. 

Hope this get's you by if this is YOUR problem

73's and good luck
    Bret

• James Del Principe
    edited October 2019
    Thanks for the fast reply, Al.   I will try to do the upgrade and remove CAT and DAX to reinstall them as well.   I did download Tim's release notes so now I just need to get my nerve up.  HI HI     Best 73, Jim
  • James Del Principe
    edited October 2019
    Thanks, Bret.   I uninstalled those DAX drivers and reinstalled many times both last night and today.   It was working for FLDIGI but gave the dax error upon startup.   Now, When dax launches, it won't even work on FLDIGI at all. I think I will remove v 1.11.12 at this point and upgrade to v 1.12.x.    Very Best, Jim
  • bahillen
    bahillen Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I would suggest a help desk ticket. Upgrade may solve your problem but I am always concerned for digging a hole too deep before getting team support. 73 Bill W9JJB
  • James Del Principe
    edited October 2019
    Your point is well taken, Bill. I would like to inform the help desk that I have tried every reasonable solution before I approach them. It may then come to opening a ticket.
    Best Regards, Jim
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Oh Okay Now I am confused your original post said V 2.5.1 now your talking about V1.11.12 
    Sorry that wasn't any help
    Bret

• James Del Principe
    edited October 2019
    The procedure I copied said V 2.5.1.    Sorry for any confusion. I did have v 1.11.12.
    Tonight I upgraded to V 1.12.1.   It was a bit rough going. Did not complete install. I had to remove the new upload and try a second time.  Did finally work.  Bottom line is that the new release v 1.12.1 does not have the DAX error...at least for now. I did for some reason, have issues with CAT and FLDIGI.  Used the same port as before, Com port 4 but it would not communicate. I changed both to com 6 and all is fine...so everything is now working.   Thanks for all the good suggestions. A great community.
    Jim
  • Brian Morgan VK7RR
    Brian Morgan VK7RR Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    James, from what I remember, FLDigi uses Com 4 as its main comport for communicating with your radio so you should not try to use it for any purpose, ie, don't add Com 4 as a comport that you are going to use. Some time back I helped someone else out with this program and solved it by removing Comport 4 as one of the comports that he had been trying to use. There is a reference ti this in the FLDigi literature.

• James Del Principe
    edited October 2019
    Brian, you are correct, sir.   For years my FLDIGI worked just fine on com port 4 until things were scrambled by upgrades.   I had com ports 4, 6, 8 and 9 in my CAT panel.
    When I switched FLDIGI over to port 6 it immediately started to work properly.
    I did not want to question success so now it is on com port 6 and working fine. I had not been trying to use com port 4 for any other application.  Many Thanks for your input and 73, Jim

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.