Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

New Flex 6400 arrives today.

Andy Holman
Andy Holman Member ✭✭
edited November 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
So my new Flex 6400 arrives today. I haven't used a Flex in a couple years (before the remote features were added etc.)

I saw the Stream Deck and purchased one of those to use along with a Flex Control. What software / hardware will make me enjoy my flex 6400 even more and why?

Answers

• Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    The list can be Very Long and also Very Expensive but I would be sure you have at least Stacker Software and Slice Master! These are free and are probably the most common ones everyone uses, and both have decent support.
    And Congratulations on the 6400!!

Robert
  • Brian Denley  KB1VBF
    Brian Denley KB1VBF Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Andrew:
    if your planning to use any of the digital modes, your PC time has to be pretty exact.  There are free software apps that can do that for you.  I use Dimension 4.  I've only had my 6400 and Maestro since late July but still have only scratched the surface of it's capabilities.
    Brian KB1VBF
  • Andy Holman
    Andy Holman Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Got the 6400 hooked up. More cleaning to do on the shelves, a few odds and end connectors I need for the PR-781, but its working good so far.  Now to mess with the digital modes and install other software as needed. 

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    FRstack is free, and a wonderful addition to the Flex ecosystem. It's the most useful to me.
  • Johan _ SE3X
    Johan _ SE3X Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Nice schack Andrew!

Slice Master together with WSJT-X a great and simple to configure combo for digital like FT4/8. 

DDUtil great for a lot of things.

Must mention Mini Console for controling old 1K-Fa Expert amps, if you ever would by one. Expert software for PC control of this amp is useless. Mini Console, been using it for  few months now, is working flawless. 
  • Rob G6EIH
    Rob G6EIH Member
    edited October 2019
    Johan, Where can I get Mini Console?
  • Johan _ SE3X
    Johan _ SE3X Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Look me up on QRZ (SE3X) and send me an e-mail. I'll send it for you. Or search in the Community for a thread here about it and how to make it work .. I can say that it was a challenge .. But when done, I'm super happy.

Found it ..  Look a bit down the conversation

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/frstack-ver3-and-spe-amp?topic-reply-list[settings][filter_by]=all&topic-reply-list[settings][reply_id]=20231431#reply_20231431
  • Rob G6EIH
    Rob G6EIH Member
    edited October 2019
    Great and many thanks.
  • Johan _ SE3X
    Johan _ SE3X Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Gl Rob! do hope you make it work, great app for our 1K's.
  • Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    If you are a CW operator ( I see the HST in your pic ! ) then FRLogger is a must have.  FRLogger extends the Flex CWX capabilities and allows for creating complex custom CW macros.  It also has a superior CW keyboard interface that allows correcting typos on the fly.  Not to mention a slew of other cool and useful features like logging, rig control, spotting and alerting, amplifier control, audio recording, WSJT control, chat feature.  http://ws7m.net/index.php/logger
  • Andy Holman
    Andy Holman Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Thanks Brian, I already was syncing with an NTP server to keep it up to date. Thanks for the info!
  • Andy Holman
    Andy Holman Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Thanks John, I recently added this. FRStack along with a Stream Deck is pretty nice.
  • Andy Holman
    Andy Holman Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Thanks Johan, I wish I had an amp. Don't have one at the moment. Looking at getting a power genius eventually.
  • Andy Holman
    Andy Holman Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I am a CW operator. I will definitely check it out!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.