Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How to Use Multi-Flex with Single 6600M for Multi-op Contesting?

Al Dewey
Al Dewey Member ✭✭
edited October 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I have been playing around with Multi-Flex with Version 3.1.7 and my Flex 6600M.  I got to wondering if anyone is doing any Multi-Op contesting with a single Flex 6600M and operators at two locations.  I realize that Multi-2 or Multi-Multi would not be practical because two slices cannot transmit at once.  I guess Multi-Single would be possible recognizing, of course, the limitation on band changes per hour.  Perhaps a casual Multi-Single operations where the ops at both ends just take turns using the 6600M.  I was wondering what other have done?  A couple specific questions I have are:  1) How do ops at both ends keep track of when the other is transmitting and 2) How is computer logging handled (i.e how do the operators at both ends get access to the logging program?)  Seems like that would be necessary for dupe checking.

It seems like there is a real opportunity here for clubs to set up a number of Multi-ops perhaps with some newer contesters paired up with a veteran with a 6600M.

Just wondering what others have done.

Al, K0AD

Answers

• Ha Gei
    Ha Gei Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    You can only SEE  a red XMIT button when the other transmits. I am not aware how ( maybe with dax ) you listen to the other slice  xmit audio. Logging should be OK as you can attach separate CAT channels to each OP´s PC. For em it would look OK at one location but at separate locations i think synching xmit is not easy ( skype watching the other OP maybe ? )

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.