Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

"My 6400M shuts down on transmit"

Jim Miller
Jim Miller Member ✭✭
On transmit, Power light blinks red then radio shuts down.  

Answers

• FISHULA X
    FISHULA X Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Sounds like you may have an RF issue or your power supply connections may need to be tighter/ , Do you have the radio grounded? . Did this issue just start? Have you ever had the radio up and running with no issues before. Need more info to help.
     The flash codes should be in your manual. 

• FLASHING GREEN: Radio is starting or shutting down

• SOLID GREEN: Radio is in receive mode

• FLASHING RED: See Error Conditions below

• SOLID BRIGHT RED: Transmitting on PA

• SOLID DIM RED: Transmit engaged, but transmit interlocks are not ready. Refer to the SmartSDR documentation for description of the transmit interlocks.

• SOLID ORANGE: Transmitting on XVTR port with low power

• SOLID PURPLE: Radio is performing a software update

• FLASHING WHITE: Radio is performing a reset to factory defaults

• OFF: Radio is off

•  Tell us more info ...
  • Jim Miller
    Jim Miller Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Thanks for the fast reply.  I am powering the station with solar, seven 240 watt 48 volt panels charging seven marine batteries in 12 volt, parallel.  It just started a couple of hours ago and I have not had much time to fully check it out.  Tomorrow I will check power cables and connections, voltage and such.  Also check the codes.  I have used the radio since it arrived in June with no problems.  I was hospitalized twice right after getting it and that delayed setting it up properly by reading the manual and setting the features I want.  I hope to complete that soon.  I'll repost here with what I find out tomorrow, hopefully having found the problem.

Again, thanks!
    Jim-WA5TEF
  • FISHULA X
    FISHULA X Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
     Jim, sometimes the power pole connections on the back of the radio come loose a bit, check that. Make sure its in all the way, you could have an insufficient ground because of it. Good luck brother. Stay out of the hospital. God bless. 
  • Jim Miller
    Jim Miller Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    PROBLEM SOLVED!!  Thanks folks, all that was wrong was the power connecter where it hooked to an old MFJ power distribution unit.  I simply installed Anderson Power Pole connectors and plugged into my new MFJ **** which solved the problem.  Thanks again!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.