Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Profile Name

Bob G   W1GLV
Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
Illustrate profile name in top window bar. Tis would be handy for us old guys.image

Comments

• John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I usually know which profile I am on. But what the heck, your location is not being used and I really like your idea. Bravo!! I also like how you named it to further illustrate the point. When I change profiles or sometimes before I transmit I find myself going over the settings, mode, mic and tx profile to be sure that I am on the correct profile. Just a quick glance at things. Your idea would put an end to that.

Well done!!
  • Brad Adams (N4PYI)
    Brad Adams (N4PYI) Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I like it!
  • WA2SQQ
    WA2SQQ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    ditto
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited June 2020
    I like the idea.  Are we talking about a Transmit Profile or a Microphone Profile?  A Global Profile callout like this probably wouldn't make sense as loading your CW Global Profile and having it show "CW" after you have since changed to SSB wouldn't be helpful.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
  • Duane  N9DG
    Duane N9DG Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Appears to be global in the screen segment depicted.

But looking at the idea, it occurred to me that it would be a wonderful way to handle those new "Panadapter" profiles described here ;) :

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/panadapter-profiles

ETA: and here: https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/idea-for-pre-configuring-a-slice

• Michael N3LI
    Michael N3LI Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Great idea!
  • Martin AA6E
    Martin AA6E Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    It's good to have more operating info presented, but the window bar space is limited. How about a larger panel that pops up when you hit F1? I can think of a lot of items I'd like to check that way. E.g. much of the setup menu.
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Global, a lot of times I'll change frequencies without using a profile . Then I wonder what profile I'm using.
  • John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Yes, Global for sure. The mic and tx profiles are already displayed.
  • W9HH - Steve
    W9HH - Steve Member
    edited September 2019
    It would be nice to somehow identify the applied profile by displaying it somewhere as suggested by Bob. The F1 Idea is good too, so either would be quite handy.

• John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Thinking this over for awhile I still believe that it is a good idea. Also, since some folks do not have the windows on the right open it might be a good idea to have all three profiles(Global, TX, Mic) listed on that bar. An added feature might be to allow changing the profiles by clicking and/or hovering over it and having a drop down box appear much in the same way it works now by clicking on "Profiles" at the top of SSDR.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.