Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How to supply PTT signal from microphone switch to multiple devices (including 6700)?

Justin Smith
Justin Smith Member
edited February 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I have several devices in my shack that require PTT input, including my Ameritron amplifier, 6700, W2IHY microphone signal processors, SteppIR OptimizIR, Array Solutions meter, etc. I would appreciate any recommendations for a means of accomplishing this. Does the signal need to be amplified and if so, what sort of device should I use?
Thank you,Justin Smith

Answers

• k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Hello Justin,

you have asked a question that could take more than a few paragraphs to reply too.  To start with you plug the Mic into the W2IHY, then its Audio and PTT output to the 6700.  

If the mic has a PTT switch it will key up the rig ok...  The rest of your gear like the amp connect to one of the PTT RCA connectors on the back of the 6700. 

you will need to provide lots more info as to your setup to get more help.  Like, do you have a PC in the shack?  I have a SteppIR and I connect it to my 6500 via a DDUtil but you can use the USB port on the back of your 6700 to connect to the control box on the SteppIR.  There are several block diagrams available on the community for connecting all your stuff to the radio...

Others on the community can help you with all your other stuff...

Nice station, you should have lots of fun when you get it all connected.

Dennis, k0eoo
  • Mark Erbaugh
    Mark Erbaugh Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    The PTT input on the W2IHY box is just for convenience. If your mic doesn’t have a PTT input, you can hook a switch to the box or to the 6700 PTT input. The advantage of the PTT input on the W2IHY box is that you can connect multiple radios to the box and the PTT will key the active radio.
  • k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Justin, check out this config chart done by W4AX. He has the chart published on the Flex web site but I couldn't find the latest version.

https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net/s3_images/1522099/RackMultipart20161212-112798-1ds7ndp-Flex_US...

Dennis, k0eoo
  • Justin Smith
    Justin Smith Member
    edited August 2019
    Many thanks Mark and Dennis for your help, and thank you Dennis for your compliment. I am grateful that there are so many knowledgeable hams who epitomize the finest traditions of ham radio by graciously sharing their knowledge.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.