Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FM Sub-Audible Tones

Mark Erbaugh
Mark Erbaugh Member ✭✭
When listening to 2m FM on my 6700, repeater sub-audible tones are very audible (and annoying). Is there any way insert a high pass filter into the audio to block those tones. Cutting the lower frequencies on the Rx Equalizer helps, but doesn't completely eliminate the tones. When operating in SSB, I can set a high pass (as well as a low pass) filter. Why not in FM?

Answers

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I use the TNF along with the RX EQ
    Bret
    WX7Y
  • Watts - K4QJZ
    Watts - K4QJZ Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    The best way to solve it in the future is to add a decode function then do what normal encode/decode sections do and filter the specific tone frequency. Most transceivers bought today do that as a standard feature. Hopefully it will get added to the growing list of requested features .
  • David-N5PSM
    David-N5PSM Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    How do you use a TNF on FM?   I would like to see that!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.