Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

hide waterfall on Maestro

Jamie WW3S
Jamie WW3S Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in Maestro
is it possible to hide the waterfall and only display the spectrum on The Maestro? 

Answers

• Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Why would you want to do this? The waterfall displays much, much more usable information than the spectrum display. You can see MUCH weaker signals on the waterfall, and the history is invaluable in chasing DX, especially in split pileups.
  • Don Cunningham
    Don Cunningham Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I'm with you, Jamie.  I would like to do that too, both on SSDR and Maestro!  Is it possible??
    Don
  • N9VC
    N9VC Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Do you mean like this? Just pull the freq line
    with the mouse on SSDR.

73, Jim N9VC

• Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Jim, he ask   .. on Maestro not on SSDR

73 Chris
  • N9VC
    N9VC Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Yes, that is true, but Don Cunningham also
    posted asking, not only Maestro, but also
    SSDR. Just trying to help.

73, Jim N9VC

• Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Hide waterfall on Maestro is not possible. 50% scope and 50% water fall (in case of one RX windows :-)

73 Chris DL5NAM

• Bill N3HQB
    Bill N3HQB Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Marcus does it in SmartSDR.
    While the waterfall has its functional place, on the iPhone and Maestro when you want to focus on the spectrum display, two spectrum slices are so much better without losing half the vertical screen geography to the accompanying waterfalls
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Marcus does it in SmartSDR-IOS  :-)
  • Jimmy Collis
    Jimmy Collis Member
    edited February 2019
    I think the question was could you hide the waterfall not why would you that wasn't the question
  • Don Cunningham
    Don Cunningham Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Thanks, Jim.  That will help me as you said.  I am not finding as many uses for the Maestro as I was thinking I would. Several things are "different" and more cumbersome on the Maestro than on SSDR.
  • Lee, N2LC
    Lee, N2LC Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I'll speak only for myself, and I too want to hide it.  Not delete, just hide when I don't want it there.  

I think part of my own reluctance to leave it as-is is due to somehow trying to hang onto 'reality' (legacy) operating.   I don't have much experience with waterfalls in normal operating, because I haven't embraced digimodes as 'normal'.    They're that other thing we can do and I did a couple of times and will do more of sometime.

I know there's a world out there I should be playing in, I just haven't felt it yet. 

Therefore, I want it like my Signalink - when I want it, I have it.  That's what I do with SSDR, right?   Who wants to look at a waterfall during a SSB contest??  (I know - there are reasons, I just haven't had the 'A-ha moment'.  The lightbulb has not come on.

Disclaimer:  I have had my Maestro for about 3 hours as of press time, so of course, I'm reading all the Maestro stuff.  And re-allocation of real-estate is the first search I made here. 

Just sayin'.

73!
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    @ Jamie - not configurable in SmartSDR for Maestro

@ Don - https://k9zw.wordpress.com/2016/05/15/maestro-roadboat-trip-to-washington-island/ shows some of my Maestro use.  The control software in one post is now discontinued as those features were largely integrated into SmartSDR updates.

SteveK9ZW
    Blog:  http://k9zw.wordpress.com

• Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Agree Fully...  Jim K4JAF

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.