Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

flex5000a Keyline issue help

Flex5000A radio and clean install with power sdr 2.8.0.130. Problem is the amp relay jack tx1,tx2 or tx3 when activated does not shunt to ground. I also measured when the ppt closed a.6 Volt on the active tx1,2,3, rca port. Zero volts when ptt is not keyed.  I have tried 2 different flex5000a radios with same result. Trying to figure out if it is software,firmware, or bad darling-ton pair transistor in both radios. Also is their some kind of work around to activate the RF amplifier key line.

Answers

• David Umbaugh
    David Umbaugh Member
    edited July 2019
    Call me to discuss. I think I had the same problem a couple years ago. 330-283-1914
  • Tom Martin
    Tom Martin Member
    edited July 2019
    I use a Ameritron ABR-704 with DDUtil ver 3.2.6.00
    Hopefully this is what might help you. It keys my ALS1306 just fine
    Tom Martin W7TJM
  • Fred Friedl
    Fred Friedl Member
    edited July 2019
    Under "ANT" on the top bar of the PowerSDR software, do you have one of the switch relays checked off?

Fred - WX4US
  • Rich Ferguson
    Rich Ferguson Member
    edited July 2019
    I have all 3 checked the only change when ptt closes is .6 volt on connector when ptt is closed. 
  • Dudley  WA5QPZ
    Dudley WA5QPZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Rich, The TX1-3 outputs are open collector, and need a positive voltage applied before seeing a change on a meter. In other words, there is no pull up voltage on the outputs. You can apply a less than 50 volt , current limited DC voltage and should drop to roughly .6 volt dc but less than 100 ma. DO NOT connect a cathode keying circuit to the TX outputs as it will wipe out the keying chip. 73, Dudley WA5QPZ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.