Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR sees Flex 6300 but is unable to connect

Santiago Mejia HI8O
Santiago Mejia HI8O Member ✭✭
edited March 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I just received my Flex 6300 and installed SmartSDR latest version (2.5.1.130) and everything else. When I run SmartSDR, I see the radio as Available but when I click connect nothing happens for a few seconds then I get "unable to connect to radio", and other times I get the same version but the right side of the Monitor goes black.

I'm running Windows &7, with 8GB RAM, 3.10ghz processor. Tried connecting ethernet cable directly to computer and still same issue. Tried on an older laptop, same issue.

Anything you can advise a newbie?

73 de Santiago HI8SMX

Comments

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    A couple of possibilities come to mind. 1.Be sure you are not trying to connect locally with SmartLink - that won’t work, it’s intended for WAN use. 2. Are there any firewall rules active? The discovery traffic that causes the radio to appear is broadcast UDP, and once you talk to the radio, you are using unicast TCP (I.e. setting up a bidirectional connection to the radio). That’s a start anyway.
  • Paul - K6HR
    Paul - K6HR Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Maybe the previous owners configuration is still in the radio? If so, try doing a reset to restore the default settings. The default settings are a good starting point.
  • Santiago Mejia HI8O
    Santiago Mejia HI8O Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Thanks Ted and Paul, indeed si verified the items you mentioned and everything seemed Ok. I did managed to make it work by unplugging the power from the radio and plugging it again. Go figure!!! Please bear with me as all this is still new to me. Now on to the next steps.
  • Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    That makes sense, as there are parts of the radio that are not fully re-initialized until power is removed. The power switch is really mostly a soft power-off.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.