Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6400 and transverter question

K0GGC
K0GGC Member ✭✭
edited February 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Does anyone know if using a transverter with SmartSDR 3 and a Flex 6400 will allow you to also send Squelch/PL  tones  to work typical VHF/UHF repeaters?

I would like to use my yellow box Allstar node with my flex radio remotely which operates at 432.200 Mhz.  I thought while traveling with my iPhone or iPad I could remotely control my Flex radio and using the transverter also connect to the WinSystem with my yellow box node.

Answers

• Rick - W5FCX
    Rick - W5FCX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Yes. Try placing SmartSDR into FM mode and you will see the options.
  • K0GGC
    K0GGC Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    OK, thank you for the quick reply.  
  • Mark Erbaugh
    Mark Erbaugh Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I was thinking of hooking up a transverter to my 6700 for local 2m FM repeater and simplex operation. What's a recommended transverter? I have the GPSDO option, should I consider a transverter than can be synced to GPS in case I ever decide to do some weak signal stuff?
  • Tom Worthington
    Tom Worthington Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I have a DEMI 2m transverter that I use for both EME and local repeaters.  The tones work fine as Rick posted.  I sync the oscillator in the transverter to the output from the GPS system in my Flex and that certainly keeps me on frequency, although it is not necessary for 2m EME.  At higher frequencies however you need better frequency stability.
  • David-N5PSM
    David-N5PSM Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    6700 uses the 2MLDPA from Dow East Microwave Get the single ant but split if options.   Works ! FANTASTIC !   Great for week signal as the 2mldpa has a preamp that you can turn on from Smart SDR

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.