Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I give up

Andy W3LI
Andy W3LI Member ✭✭
I have tried all of the suggestions made here for controlling the SteppIR SDA 100 with my 6400M. No luck!!
Not having much luck in adding 3rd party programs to the Flex radio.
Tnx for all the suggestions you folks made.

Comments

• bahillen
    bahillen Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Submit a help desk ticket.
  • Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Andy,

I will personally help you get the SDA 100 going. I'm running a SDA 100 andSDA 2000 from the back of the radio. 

I have a lot of family in town visiting until Sunday afternoon. If you'll let me know what time Sunday mid-afternoon works for you we can schedule a call. w4ax.mack@gmail.com

1.Please ensure you have TeamViewer loaded on your computer so I may see your screen.
    2.  confirm your USB to serial cable uses a genuine FTDI chipset. (This is critical)
    3. Please make sure you have the cable plugged into the Data Out port on the SDA 100
    4. Set the SDA 100 Transceiver settings to Kenwood 19200 8N1.
    5. Please make sure your cable is wired as shown in this picture.
    Image result for sda100 cable wiring
    NOTE: Pins 7 and 9 must be tied together!

Mack
    W4AX
    Alpha Team

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.