Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Symptoms of problem caused by Windows 10 Update 1809?

Options
John Becker, K9MM
John Becker, K9MM Member ✭✭
edited November 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I recently updated Windows 10 to the 1809 update. I wasn't aware of the warning about possible DAX driver corruption and possibly other issues caused by the previous 1803 update. What should I look at to determine if the 1809 update has caused problems with my 6600M running SSDR v2.49? Thanks!

Answers

• Art - N4QNT
    Art - N4QNT Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Hello John, if the Win update caused an issue with the DAX drivers, when you start Smart SDR you might see the error window popup... 

These step by step directions should solve the issue:

Double click (c:)Local Disk and locate the folder Programs Files FlexRadio Systems SmartSDR v2.4.9 (or whatever version you're running) 64-bit Divers , then open each folder starting with TX Audio_DAX, right mouse key on SmartSDR_TX_DAX_uninstall.bat file and click (Run as Administrator) a CMD black window will appear for a few seconds. Then after that, do the same on Run as Administrator on the SmartSDR _TX_install.bat file. Remember to run as administrator on each file in the other 3 folders, RX_Audio_DAX, Mic_Audio_DAX, IQ_Dax folders doing the same exact steps as the first TX_Audio folder.
  • Ray - K6LJ
    Ray - K6LJ Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Options

Hi John,

I have not found that uninstalling then reinstalling the DAX drivers usually helps (sometimes). please look at this link which has the way I have found to be a better way it is related to renaming the existing drivers. A help ticket is always a good way as well.
    Ray

.https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/problems%20with%20dax%20followin%20g%20update%20to%202.5.1%20and%20windows%201903

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.