Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Revive your SDR-1000 in 15 minutes

I just recently purchased a well used SDR-1000. After struggling with sound card drivers for any OS later than XP, I was delighted to find a state of the art sound processing unit for the SDR-1000 that works with any 32/64 bit XP thru W10 OS. Within 15 minutes after receiving the Pi-SDR+ sound processor, I was on the air running Win10, 64bit with an ethernet interface to PowerSDR 2.5.3 for both cat and audio.

It uses the well known the AK5394A ADC giving 123dB of Rx dynamic range and a 192K panadapter. It was really nice to say goodbye to 32bit O/S's, parallel port drivers that don't work, usb to lpt adapters that are not longer manufactured, and older PowerSDR software.

I've used both VBCable and Muzychenko's virtual audio cable along with vspmgr to connect to HRD and DM780 and both work products work nicely together.

The product was developed by Christos Nikolaou, SV1EIA from Greece. It's a quad-core ARM A7 SBC, a sound processing module, and an USB LPT interface to the SDR-1000 for the amazing price of $275 plus shipping. More information is available at   www.pi-sdr.com . The only negative I've found so far is that you cannot purchase via Amazon Prime, 2 day shipping. It comes Greek airmail and then US airmail and still takes over 2 weeks to transit the Atlantic ocean. But it works!

All in all, an amazing product that will have you dusting off that old SDR-1000 sitting in the closet and getting it back on the air.

73's,

Don Jarvis
W5SOG

Comments

• j chalmers
    j chalmers Member
    edited June 2019
    Hi All can you use the M-Audio Delta 66 with the SDR . Jim  G8VPO.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.