Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

v3.0.19 halts hourly with "same radio same pc" error

Dick Illman
Dick Illman Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
6700 SDR V3.0.19 is halting periodically with an error about same radio to same pc can't be done.Tried new software install. Happens during periods of idle operator.

Comments

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Sounds like the Computers "Power Settings" are set to put the Ethernet port to sleep. Set it to never sleep or what ever the wording is, the only thing I would have is the screen savers on 

Hope this helps
    Bret

• Dick Illman
    Dick Illman Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Desktop pc already set to never. it failed overnight this last time.
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    There are additional Ethernet adaptor settings that will essentially power down your connection that you can check and configure. 73 Steve K9ZW
  • Dick Illman
    Dick Illman Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    STILL A PROBLEM...During the error, I cam communicate with a second PC ok.
  • James Whiteway
    edited May 2019
    My 6600M does this on v3.0.19 sometimes too. If I revert back to v2.49 it doesn't do it. Definitely a bug. I hope v3.0.24 fixes it. James WD5GWY
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Deduction time - since one PC times out every hour on a scheduled basis, yet another PC runs without issues, what does that point to?

Something that is different on the PC that times out.

Are they both on the same version of Windows including updates?  (and what version/update status are they?)

Are the both connected wired or wireless, local or WAN?  Exactly the same or via different routes?

Both running the same client SmartSDR?

Now for some less obvious questions - how equal are both PC's in terms of memory, processor and that sort of thing?  Are they both PCs or is one a laptop?

Windows has nested layers of energy saving settings - have you looks at all of those settings on the trouble maker?  They include the obvious ones every user learns about through network adapter & brand specific settings in both network & network-adapter and sometime machine specific settings.

Steve
    K9ZW
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Have you tried a external USB  Wired Ethernet Card ?
    Bret

• Dick Illman
    Dick Illman Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Learning that a laptop could connect during the error yesterday was useful. Both the laptop and desktop pc are on the same wired LAN. The error is no longer hourly or as frequent so I doubt it is energy saving but I will dig into comparing the two pc.
  • Dick Illman
    Dick Illman Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Could there be a SmartSDR error log file?
  • Dick Illman
    Dick Illman Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Well it's not the pc ethernet port as I set up auto ping and the Smart SDR connection failed after 11 hours of pinging. Pinging never failed through the error.
  • Robby
    Robby Member
    edited May 2019
    I had a timeout problem that I could not solve a few years ago. I installed Caffeine.exe. It just simulates a keystroke every 59 minutes or whatever you set it for. You will never know it's there and it's free.

Robby
    HP3SS
  • mikeatthebeach .
    mikeatthebeach . Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I also reverted back to V2.49 from V3.0.19 Seems too many bugs in V3.0.19 Buggy Software !
  • Dick Illman
    Dick Illman Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Now I am getting multiple overlapping errors and SmartSDR is still running.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.