Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Frequency Offset, "offset (in ppb)

Options
2»

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Options
    An S7 signal with a low noise floor should be enough to calibrate, but in your case the SNR (signal to noise ratio) is not high enough to properly discern the carrier from the noise floor, which is causing the wide variations in the offset correction.
  • roger na4rr
    roger na4rr Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    OK This is an old thread.  I have 6700 v.1.11.12

Had a pretty good 6m band opening today.  I noticed that my dial freq was way off from what people probably were.  50.125 I was reading 50.750.  I went to WWV 15 MHZ and did the cal.   It did its thing and came back with an offset of -252  but when I looked at the signal on AM I could see that it was not centered and when I listened in ssb and switched from USB to LSB the station was not centered.  I kept plugging in Offset values until I got the signal zero beet.  The offset to do this is -7175.  

I went back to 6m meters before the band closed for me.  The signals were pretty close to where they were suppose to be.  I found a net that announced that they were on 50.130 and thats the dial freq I picked them up the best.  Not knowing the persons voice I could still be off some. 

I guess it really doesn't matter as long as I've got the freq reading pretty close.  It just seems that doing a cal should have brought them in closer.

Now that I think about it when I first got this radio years ago.( I was on the waiting list and have a signature model so that was a long time ago.)  The radio was off freq.  and I'm almost sure there was no way do do a cal yourself.  I sent the radio back but while it was there I had them install the gps module.  It died a year or so ago and being retired dont have the $750 or so for a new one.  If it holds I guess I'm good to go.  I have the radio on 24/7 except for lightning storms.   

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.