Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Did you take the Flex Survey?

2»

Comments

• Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    >>N2LRB<<

Why? Then you feel more secret or hidden? In every QSO we Ham's change our callsign. What is wrong to do it here also?

But maybe your right. Many "Nocall's" and "NoNames" post here also - it's modern art :-)

73 Chris
    DL5NAM
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Yes I did.  I have been asking for all mode squelch in the radio and not 3rd party for many years.  I just never got much of a following from the Flex community.  With a 6700 and 8 slices, I think an all mode squelch for each slice would be really beneficial.  I'm hoping others do as well.

Norm
    W7CK
  • roger na4rr
    roger na4rr Member
    edited May 2019
    I did.  But everything they want to know has already been surveyed and ranked by Al    NN4ZZ

roger
  • Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    This is how NR should work ! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx3bjdFNz_g
  • Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I added 3D Waterfall when I took mine, just to be different!!! :-)  

Robert
  • KC9EI - Dave
    KC9EI - Dave Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Nope.. sorry. I don't have a Google login

• Bob KC9RF
    Bob KC9RF Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Yes filled out survey- Noise mitigation was top of the list.
    I see the new Yaesu FT101D has impressive noise reduction similar to the FTDX-5000MP I used to have but better.
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2019
    @Dave Gipson I don't think a google login is required.  Were you prompted?
  • Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019

YES, the new Yaesu 101D YouTube video is an impressive Noise reduction demonstration. You may have noticed that once activated it takes about 1.5 seconds to become activated, indicating it has a somewhat complex algorithm taking place in software.. My 200 Watt FT-1000mp Mark V, has a very good NR circuit in it, but not as good as my Flex 6600M, I have done comparisons,,

But that is what you would expect from a 2019 series radio. Can Flex make improvements, probably, but what are the tradeoffs... Normally the more aggressive the NR is, the higher the audio distortion..

Yaesu and Kenwood decided to do some things in the SDR realm, and some in the old fashion Analog world,, Yaesu offers lots of Filter Options in the new 101D??? That seems a bit old fashion today!! Flex is 100% SD realm...

FLEX users are a unique users group,, I decided to go from ICOM IC-7610 to the Flex 6600M. This weekend I had a Kentucky Derby Party at my house ( We wont talk about number 7! ),, but they all noticed the Ultra Clear and Sharp Flex display on my 50 Inch 4K Display!! Same for my 4K GeoChron Clock. 

All radios from All manufacturers have a unique feature that we wish we had on our Flex,, I am sure every Icom IC-7610 or IC-7300 or IC-9700 want the 3D waterfall that Yaesu has now... But that 3D display comes with a DVI 800X600 monitor output and NO 10 MHz reference input!! Just the nature of the beast!!!

Robert
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Yes....
  • Stephen Hawkins NG0G
    Stephen Hawkins NG0G Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Yes I did and was glad to see that Flex wanted customers opinion.  I'm still at the latest V2, as so far I can't see that updating to v3 would add much for me.

• Tim K9WX
    Tim K9WX Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I took the survey.  It seemed to be focused on new features which is fine, but there are bugs in V2 releases that have been there for a long time that need to be addressed before resources are invested in adding new features.  My top 2 bug fixes would be https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/when-dax-is-enabled-then-vox-does-not-work-from-mic... and https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/v3-multiflex-6600m-cw-element-clipping?utm_source=n... This second thread talks about sidetone clipping in V3 but the links in this thread document the existence of this bug going back to V22.28

• Allen
    Allen Member
    edited May 2019
    Yep. I sure would love for the Maestro to be able to connect when networks use captive portals (like most hotels).  It is frustrating to have to use a router to connect while traveling.
  • Lucas - W6AER
    Lucas - W6AER Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    While the test is not on SSB, but rather AM, still brings the point across. Pretty impressive, Yaesu did a great job! I have been eying this radio along with the new K4.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.