Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6600 interface to Acom 1200S

Options
W2NER
W2NER Member ✭✭
I have this cable RPC-RS232-UF-3m which is a FTDI cable.  I have used this cable in the past on a 6500 long time ago for a Acom 600s.  I now have the 6600 and a new Acom 1200s.  Can't seem to get the two to communicate.  The interface cable to the Acom 1200 was supplied by DXEngineering. Any ideas?

imageimageimage

Answers

• Gary NC3Z
    Gary NC3Z Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Did you try enabling Auto Report??
  • Gary NC3Z
    Gary NC3Z Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Options
    And set the 1200 to Kenwood

• W2NER
    W2NER Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Yep, still no worky. 
  • W2NER
    W2NER Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Fixed, thanks to the help of wo2x, Thanks Dave..  The final part of the puzzle was you need to put a null modem adapter in line (or swap pins 2 & 3 on the interface cable).  All is working well now.  This information is not stated anyplace, Acom or Flex..  Strange thing is, if you look at the wiring it does show TX and RX wired correctly so something is not correct with the wiring shown in the doc's.
  • N4VGE
    N4VGE Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the above information. I'm an old man trying to connect an Acom 1200s to my Flex 6700. I am getting "CAT ERROR" message on the Acom. I've changed the Interface to RS232 on the Acom but cannot change the Byte Spacing or Polling time to 50 and 800 respectfully.

I have a null modem adapter in line with a DB15 plug for the Acom going to a USB port on the Flex.

If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Van N4VGE

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.