Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Pan-adapter screen shows small peaks on either side of freq when using FT8

DV
DV Member ✭✭
edited April 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
When using the Maestro on FT8, when in the TX mode, I see several smaller peaks along each side of the carrier.  The level meter on the DAX screen shows about 95% on TX peaks.  So, as a test, I turned it down and the smaller side peaks went away so show a perfect TX peak with nice sloping sides. So, supposedly, this gives me a nice FT8 carrier without overshoot and spurs, however, I had to turn the power knob all the way up to 100 watts, to convince the Maestro to provide just 40 watts. So, to get a clean carrier, I have to reduce power. My question is, is the TX pan-adapter accurately showing spurs when the DAX level approaches 100% or is that a bug? Do I really have those spurs?  (My SWR is very low... antenna is a log periodic.)

Answers

• Geoff_W8GNM
    Geoff_W8GNM Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019

Doug, 

Try turning down or turning off the receiver pre-amplifiers.  The display you see on transmit is the received spectrum from leakage between the transmitter output and the receiver input. Too many preamp stages will overload producing IMD products in the transmit spectrum display and make the spectrum look worse than it actually is.

Geoff-W8GNM

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.