Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Linked tune/tx power

Bill - W9KKN
Bill - W9KKN Member ✭✭
edited October 2019 in New Ideas
This is hopefully a minor feature request, and perhaps it has been mentioned before (or even implemented in a future release) but I've noticed that when I'm setting the drive levels for my Amplifier, I don't always completely appreciate that tune power and transmit power are separate settings in the radio. I see in leaked 3.0 screenshots that the profile configuration has improved considerably, but particularly, on the Maestro, the knob is linked to the transmit power. What I end up doing is the following: I'll turn the tune power all the way down, put the amplifier into operate, push the tune button, turn up the tune power until I have the desired output, stop the tune, then set the tx power to match afterward. In such a workflow, it would be better if the Maestro power knob could simultaneously adjust both tune/tx or was at least configurable such that I could change which one I was adjusting and had an easy way of copying one to the other from the Maestro (through a function button or otherwise.)

--Bill/W9KKN

Comments

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Only provided they could still easily be set to separate amounts.
  • Bill - W9KKN
    Bill - W9KKN Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Yes, of course -- would never want this at the expense of that.
  • AC9S
    AC9S Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I just tune the amp in CW with a string of dits while I adjust the power knob.

Keith - AC9S
  • Bill - W9KKN
    Bill - W9KKN Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Yeah, there are workarounds, I've done this one and long syllables with SSB too (Hooooooola), but every now and then I'll realize that I've been working around something that could have slightly less friction, especially after long hours of ****-in-chair and sleepy operators.
  • AC9S
    AC9S Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Mostly I do this with all my radios so I am tuning with less than a 100% duty cycle - this is for an 8410 tube amp.  The AHHH method accomplishes the same thing, but I don't get constant output; makes for flakey tuning.  The real answer is for my PGXL order to be filled!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.