Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro stopped working

Ken Golubski
Ken Golubski Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Well....... I tried to use a wireless bridge to connect the Maestro to the Flex....On bootup,the Maestro gets all the way to the normal running screen EXCEPT all you see is the menu (which is accessible) and the SWR meters for A and B. No panadapters or water falls. So, I thought to myself "I guess I can't use the bridge". I plugged the CAT into the Maestro to connect directly to the Flex and now I get the same result even after restarting the Maestro several times.
Did I "brick" it ?

Comments

• Ken Golubski
    Ken Golubski Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Disregard.....after several reboots of both the Maestro and the Flex, I finally got it back.
    Apologies for jumping the gun too soon.

• Dudley  WA5QPZ
    Dudley WA5QPZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Ken, If you change your bridge to an access point , most likely it will work. The bridge has to have two different IP networks on each side, the radio and client need to be on the same local network unless you are using SmartLink authentication to relay the connectivity info. You needed to reboot the Maestro and the radio when you changed networks, The radio only receives DHCP addressing on power up, without DHCP server available, drops to a link - local address, 169.254.x.x , same on the Maestro, then they would be on the same subnet. 73, Dudley WA5QPZ
  • Ken Golubski
    Ken Golubski Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I can't even get smart link to register....always get a message that can't reach server.....
    but I have bigger problems now and going to ignore the network stuff for now.
    Thanks for the reply

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    A bridge connects network segments in the same subnet (possibly even the same broadcast domain, in which case it’s really just a repeater). Both (all?) sides of a bridged network usually use the same IP address range - a bridge is just a level 2 switch.
  • Dudley  WA5QPZ
    Dudley WA5QPZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Glad you have it working,  due to the necessity to pass UDP packets, then the radio and the client will need to be on the same LAN address,   unless you use SmartLink...   Just one of the little things to understand,  you will soon get the hang of it, enjoy the radio.  

Dudley
  • Ken Golubski
    Ken Golubski Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Darn......it happened again this morning. There's nothing I can do to get the Maestro to work. It boots and shows the two slice meters at the top, along with the menu and the bottom line for Display and Meters, but that's it. I've rebooted the radio and the Maestro all morning and nothing gets it to work.
    Suggestions ?

Thanks.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    Every time I've had that issue it has been a network problem. 
  • Ken Golubski
    Ken Golubski Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I'm not sure what Apple has to do with it. Please explain as this is the first I've heard of that.
    Thanks.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2019
    Same Here . . . What's Apple got to do with it???
  • Johan _ SE3X
    Johan _ SE3X Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I agree with Steve, have had this as well and been network relaterade. Have once changed a perfectly fine patch cable, I thought, and Maestro worked perfectly after.
  • Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    This is spam (clickbait) trying to get you to click on that link. It’s either malware or advertising at the other end :-(
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    don't click on it SCAM

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.