Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Microsoft Surface Go

philip.theis
philip.theis Member ✭✭
edited October 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Has anyone tried running SSDR with a Surface Go? Phil K3TUF

Answers

• Oxford English
    Oxford English Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    In a word - Yes. I haven't done it but there are several postings in the community about SSDR on a Surface pro.
    Tim
  • Andrew VK5CV
    Andrew VK5CV Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Phil,
    The Go has S mode windows that needs to be one way changed to Win 10 to run non app store programs. It is a bit light on CPU. I use a Surface pro i5 4GB.
    Andrew VK5CV.
  • Justin Smith
    Justin Smith Member
    edited March 2019
    Hi Phil, I use a first generation Surface 3 Pro with Windows 10 running SmartSDR to control a Flex Radio 6600. SmartSDR takes 3 to 5 seconds to initialize (in contrast to the nearly instant initialization of SmartSDR on the current sixth generation Surface Pro ($799 on 3/12/19 at the Microsoft Store at Bellevue Square, Bellevue, Wa). Once my Surface 3 Pro has initialized SmartSDR, the software runs in real-time without lag. I did not need to make any adjustments to get SmartSDR to run; various software for digital modes also runs in real-time. Note: When I run SmartSDR for Windows using Parallels on a Mac Pro the initialization takes just a fraction of a second. My next project is to run SDR software on a Linux system. Best of luck, Justin W2ANN 73
  • Scott N8UMW
    Scott N8UMW Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Yes. I have a surface go tab. Works good except that I have to put a TX delay on the flex or it will transmit a squelch tail type of noise on key up. Have tried changing what settings there are on the go tab related to audio with no luck. Yes I'm using the built in Mic on the go tab. It doesn't exhibit even the slightest hint of this problem on the Anan.
  • philip.theis
    philip.theis Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Understand the S mode, would not keep my go in that mode regardless. (If I get one)
    Thanks,
  • philip.theis
    philip.theis Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Sounds good, thank you.
  • philip.theis
    philip.theis Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Hmmm, wonder what that could be if it's just windows. How much of a delay solves the issue?
    Thanks for the info. How do you like the go tab?
  • Scott N8UMW
    Scott N8UMW Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I went into the tx settings in smart sdr and put I think a half second delay. Not sure what causes that. I've never had an issue like that with three different lap top computers. Just the surface go tab. And I like the go tab. Which I immediately switched from the s mode to regular windows 10. I put a high quality Samsung Evo micro sd card in for extra storage. 256 GB. It will boot loop unless you format the sd card NTFS. After that, it boots normal and just recognizes it as another drive.
  • G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Yes. I have recently bought a Surface Go and run both SSDR and PSDR on it along with a bunch of other applications. I had to buy a USB-C to USB hub but it's very good and light and compact! David G4NRT / Z21NRT
  • Scott N8UMW
    Scott N8UMW Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Same here. The adapter I have is USB c to USB c, standard, and HDMI.
  • philip.theis
    philip.theis Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Thank you, good to know
  • philip.theis
    philip.theis Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Thanks Scott
  • Charlie_KB8CR
    Charlie_KB8CR Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    You run PSDR on it? Is this for a Flex 1500? I have a 3000 and it needs a Firewire interface. I like the idea of the Surface Go for SSDR though (for my 6400). I read that there are two versions of the Surface Go, which do you have?

Charlie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.