Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Amp interface

W3DQS Andy Beary
W3DQS Andy Beary Member
edited March 2019 in New Ideas
Flex USB-RS232 cable works (almost) with Tokyo Hy-Power amplifier.  To remotely band switch the HL-1.5KFX amplifier, I connected the UTR232R-200 cable from one of the USB ports on the Flex 6500 to the RS-232 port marked "Kenwood" on the amplifier.  Use standard settings of 9600-8-n-1, and place Band Select switch in "Kenwood" position.  In SSDR (v2.4.9.196,) go to Settings - USB Cables, and select "CAT" as the cable type, and "TX Slice" as the Source.  The standard cable from Flex requires a M-F Null Modem adapter to swap the TXD and RXD pins, but other than that it's a real simple solution.  My HL-1.5KFX amplifier does not require full 100 watts input to get the rated 1000 watts output, so I have max  TX power for the Flex 6500 set to 90 watts  - and reduce that output power to 70 watts on CW and DIGU modes.

Comments

• Patrick Greenlee
    edited March 2019
    Could anyone please direct me to where I might find information on how to do the same basic thing as the OP (Andrew Beary) did but with a Flex 5000A.  I enjoy the 5000 but all manual band switching and senior moments clash.

Thanks in advance for any leads.
    Patrick        NJ5G

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.