Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6500 receiver going dead

Roger Schneider
Roger Schneider Member ✭✭
edited February 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
The receiver on a Flex 6500 goes dead or is slow to recover. Operating the RF Gain a few times it will recover but is unstable. Relay?

Comments

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    If the Noise Blanker is set too high, this can make the receiver slow to respond.
  • Roger Schneider
    edited January 2019
    Thank you George. I believe the NB was the reason for the slow response. That appears to be fixed.  
  • Roger Schneider
    edited January 2019
    And, it appears that the dead receiver issue has gone away. I'll just have to keep using it to find out. I have tried to get the receive to drop out by flipping the RF gain back and forth. It now appears to be stable.
  • Roger Schneider
    edited January 2019
    It appears that my NB settings were the cause of the silent receiver issues, also.  Operator error! Thank you KF2T for your help.  73 Roger W9FF

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.