Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

My Flex 6300 /Maestrocdoes not activate the AL-811 Ameritron relay on push to talk . - Any ideas ?

Palmer Jones
Palmer Jones Member
cannot get my Flex 6300 to activate the Ameritron AL-811 Ameritron relay on push to talk . Tried everything that does not work . - Any ideas ? Palmer W3WOT

Answers

• Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Palmer,

You haven't provided enough information to help. How do you have the amp connected to the 6300? Have you enabled TX1 in the software? Please provide specifics and we can get this solved quickly.

Mack
    W4AX
    Alpha Team
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    My guess is he is using the ptt port besides the alc instead of the tx1.
  • N8SDR
    N8SDR Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Nothing Special needed, here 

All you need is an RCA cable both ends, on the flex you need to enable the one of the 3 RCA TX ports- Go to Settings- Radio Setup then the TX tab- Now enable TX1/TX2/TX3 or which ever port your going to use for the 811 (Don't enter anything in the box to the right of the TX#) just make sure the enabled button is blue on the TX Delay I use 3 this will help with any spike on TX not that the 811 will be much an issue. The other side of the RCA cable just needs to go to the  KEY port on the 811, turn the ALC knob on the 811 full CCW you don't and need the ALC cable hooked up better with out it. Just dont use more then 75 watts or so on your Flex output drive and you should be good. using this setup with an 811H no issues there really isnt anything that can go wrong unless a relay in the AMP ( been there) or you forget to change band on the amp- 
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019

• Palmer Jones
    Palmer Jones Member
    edited January 2019
    Wiring is correct . It has to be in the setings since I tried another 6300 and all worked well .
       Thanks 
  • Palmer Jones
    Palmer Jones Member
    edited January 2019
    Did as suggested and still not tripping the relay .
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Try resetting the 6300.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.