Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

MMSSTV PTT Settings

KF4HR
KF4HR Member ✭✭
My 6700 is copying SSTV fine with the MMSSTV program, but I can't seem to get the PTT function working.  Does anyone know the proper MMSSTV PTT settings for the SSDR?

Answers

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    are you running SmartSDR CAT?
    In "SmartSDR Cat" you can make a PTT CAT port, Set RTS to on and Active LOW,  In MMSSTV  set the PTT port for this COM port you just built in SmartSDR CAT and use RTS Keying in MMSSTV,  this should work for you.
    73's
    Bret
    WX7Y
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Thank Bret.  That did the trick!
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I just have it send PTT commands via the regular cat port that it is using for data.
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019

I love a clear to the point explanation. You should be an elmer!
  • Jim  KJ7S
    Jim KJ7S Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Believe me when I tell you that, he most definitely is, an Elmer! 
    KJ7S
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    In MMTTY, click the Option Tab, then TX,

then in the upper right section that has PTT & FSK, Select NONE.

Then in the same box, select RADIO COMMAND

In that form area for PORT DEFINITION, choose the port you want to use for interfacing with your rig.  You can use the same port for both data and rig control.  Make sure you have defined a regular Serial CAT port in SmartCAT for this function.  You do NOT need to define a separate port only for PTT.

Then in the COMMANDS section of the Radio Command form go to the MODEL pull down and select KENWOOD, ELECRAFT, FLEXRADIO.

This should set up commands for MMTY to sent PTT commands via the CAT Serial port and not require a separate PTT port.

Be sure to hit OK in each form as you back out to the main screen.

The advantage of doing it this way, rather than a dedicated PTT port, is that you can set up multiple instances this way, using different CAT ports for Slice A and Slice B.  Set up one CAT Serial Port for A and another for B and activate the "Auto Switch" function for the CAT ports when you set them up.

In this way, each instance of MMTTY will properly activate the Transmitter whenever you hit the Send command in each version of MMTTY and the correct slice will transmit.  Slick!  Picture to follow...
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.