Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Sell my 6400 to upgrade??

Art - N4QNT
Art - N4QNT Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I'm looking to upgrade to the 6600 model in the near future.. So when selling my 6400 on the used market like QTH or QRZ how does the transition to the buyer work for the current software on the radio now 2.4.9 ??

Thanks, Art 

Answers

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    The software / firmware on the radio stays with the radio. If V.3 were to come out before you sold the radio, and you did not update it, the buyer will need to purchase V.3, but the V.2 on the radio stays with it. The buyer can purchase a hardware warrantee transfer from Flex. The version of SSDR on your PC is independent of the radio's software, but they do need to match in version in order to run the radio.
  • Art - N4QNT
    Art - N4QNT Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Thank you Ted...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.