Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6300 withPalstar LA-1K

Ed
Ed Member ✭✭

Looking at upgrading my ALS 600 to a Palstar LA-1K. Was just wondering if anyone ran one with your Flex? Does one need a special cable for CAT control or just allow the amp to RF sense.. Just looking for feedback.
Thanks
Ed

AK7AN

Answers

• John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I did exactly that. No special cables needed. Turn on the amp and you're good to go. I'n very happy with the LA-1K.
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I have one as well. It's RF sensing and no special cables. It works well but I regret not going with a QSK amp.  The  LA-1K  is not quiet by any definition when keying so not really liking the noise.

Otherwise the amp works fantastic and is not as SWR temperamental as many solid state amps.
  • Ed
    Ed Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020

Thanks for the input, Ordered the LA-1K from HRO yesterday..

Happy New Year to all

Ed

AK7AN
  • Ed
    Ed Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Got the Palstar all hooked up and it is exceeding all my expectations, a really sweet piece of gear. I do have another question regarding controling band switching via the Kenwood control port. I have a USB to serial converter. Can I link the 6300 to the Palstar using the USB to serial converter pug into the Kenwood port on the amp..
    Thanks
    Ed
    AK7AN

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.