Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Smart SDR will not start: Has unhandled error code

Hi all.  I have been busy and have not fired up the flex 6300 in a few months.  Using windows 10 on a less than 2 year old computer.  I went ahead and updated smart SDR version 2 but when I try to start the program I get this message.  Smart SDR will not start at all
I have uninstalled and re-installed all of the flex radio software even checking earlier versions.  I cant find a solution.  Any help would be appreciated.

Scott
WX4SKY

Answers

• Mike NN9DD
    Mike NN9DD Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Scott This is Mike from Georgia contest group. I didn’t know you had a Flex. You probably need to reinstall software as there has been a few major releases of windows 10. Untinall entire package then reinstall If you need help i can talk via phone or team viewer I am good on QRZ or in club roster Mike NN9DD
  • Scott Marlowe
    Scott Marlowe Member
    edited November 2018
    hey Mike!!   I tried that, I removed all of the flex applications and re-installed with no luck.  It just keeps giving me the same error code..YUCK.  
  • Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Have you tried googling the Windows error message to see if there is a known (to someone, at least) cause for that particular error? And hopefully a cure :-(
  • VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    it sounds like you've done all the 'right' things.  I would suggest opening a service ticket with the Help Desk at Flex.  
  • Mark WS7M
    Mark WS7M Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Actually this seems like a .NET error.  SSDR as written relies upon the .NET framework.  I am not sure what version they require as a minimum but you could try downloading and installing 

.NET 4.7.1 or 4.7.2
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56116

I would download and install 4.7.1 and reboot then try installing and running SSDR and see if that makes a difference.
  • Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Get a copy of Revo. The free version will suffice. Then set it to uninstall all of SSDR, the DAX and CAT programs, and let it to the advanced scan. SSDR will tell you you need to reboot to finish befor you do the advanced scan. Do not reboot. After the advanced scan, delete the files that show up in bold. Then remove FlexVSP. The advance scan will show that there are no files to delete after the scan is done. Now you can reboot. 

By the way - this method is not canon. I just got tired of searching for the problem every time and went scorched earth, which has always worked for me.
  • Stanley Korzep
    edited November 2018
    Scott

I was unable to power up my 6300 for 4 months.  I then experienced strange problems that were not  repeatable.  Try recharging the 6300 batteries. Procedure is same as instructions that came with the 6300 when it came out of the box new.  After 6 hours of recharge, all my problems disappeared.  Good luck.

Stan W8NNX
  • Dudley  WA5QPZ
    Dudley WA5QPZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Scott,

I would definitely update your .NET Frameworks as Mark had suggested....   Then reboot ,  and try SmartSDR again ..   

Dudley
    WA5QPZ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.