Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Internal 6000 series tuner question?

Tom W3FRG
Tom W3FRG Member ✭✭

I am using a 6600M and I have had two occurrences of not being able to transmit; The TX button would not turn red when pressed. 

The 6600M ATU was set for Byp.

Pressing the Tune button did nothing. 

I changed the ATU to Tune and it automatically started to adjust.

When tuning was completed I pressed the TX button. It lit red and when I pressed Tune the 6600M started to transmit.

My question is, does the 6000 series internal tuners, when in Byp, actually go to a neutral position?

Or, is this some sort of Software/Hardware issue??

Answers

• Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019

When in bypass the ATU is physically switched out of the TX path.  See hardware reference guide page 39.  Can you replicate this behavior?  Or is it random ?  I have not had this experience with my 6600M.  -Joe
  • Tom W3FRG
    Tom W3FRG Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Hopefully, that's the way it should be, switched out.
    Yes, totally random. Last week was the first I noticed this anomaly and again yesterday.
    Cannot reproduce and it happened when I was switching antennas/bands from 160m to 75m.
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Sounds like you where out of the HAM band to me, If ANY part of your transmit filter is outside the legal Amateur radio band or channel for the 5MHz band the radio will lock out the transmitter. 

Bret
    WX7Y

• Tom W3FRG
    Tom W3FRG Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I only use pre set up profiles and they are for in band connections.
    If that were the case, the ATU would not tune.

Tom W3FRG
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Do profiles keep you “in band?” Thinking not so much. Trying to transmit out of band is a common way to trigger transmit-inhibit. In rare instances I’ve found transmit inhibited, but never anything I could duplicate and nothing that survived a full cold reboot. It looked like conflicting software with third party software not being updated to match the latest SmartSDR. YMMV of course. Worth having a really in-depth look at your system configuration for all running software if you can duplicate the problem again. If it persists and can be duplicated opening a Help Ticket will get the FRS team on it. It is of course the hardest to diagnose completely random isolated problems that cannot be induced to repeat themselves. GL & 73 Steve K9ZW
  • Tom W3FRG
    Tom W3FRG Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    The 6600M will not Transmit or Tune out of band.

Tom W3FRG
  • WQ2H - Jim Poulette
    edited March 2020
    Without the MARS option, that's correct. 73 Jim, WQ2H

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.